Community Yoga Costa Rica Flourishing Far Retreat May 28 - June 3, 2018
Are you ready for a getaway? Do you need some time to rejuvenate and explore nature? Do you need some time for yourself to nourish you? Do you notice you feel more grounded and peaceful in nature, and wish you could find that feeling more often?
Do you wish you could depend your yoga practice, but find it hard to find the time to focus on it amid the every day to do list?
This retreat is for you!
We all know yoga and some time in nature can help us feel better, be more productive, and more peaceful, but sometimes it is just hard to fit it in. What could be better for your mind, body and spirit, than giving yourself the gift of time in nature, deepening your yoga practice?
I am a yoga teacher that has experienced the benefits of yoga and want to share them with you while we enjoy the Costa Rica experience together.
I am an everyday person that knows about stress, life challenges, and physical discomforts in the body and have experienced how yoga can help!
I am an E-RYT, Yoga Therapist, and CPT which means an experienced yoga teacher, yoga therapist, and a certified pilates teacher. I’ve taught yoga and pilates for almost 15 years now drawing from many different styles of teachings.
I will be leading you through an array of yoga and mind body practices while we surround ourselves with the wisdom of nature and learn to flourish. Through the practice of yoga, we can find more joy, freedom, and peace that we can apply to our lives anywhere.
This retreat, led by an experienced and enthusiastic yoga teacher, offers you a stress-free chance to:
- start and end your day with a yoga practice with no distractions except the sounds of the jungle
- learn about the therapeutic benefits of yoga and how you can apply these to your life
- enjoy the natural calming beauty of both the jungle and the Pacific-coast beaches of Costa Rica
- enjoy amazingly tasty and healthy meals (made with mostly organic and local ingredients) without having to do any of the work to prepare them
- relax in the peacefulness of an intimate eco-resort connecting with new friends
- Optional activities can be added like surfing, ziplining, etc.
Vida Asana Eco-Retreat and Yoga Center, Playa Hermosa – Pacific Coast of Costa Rica (near Jaco)
Vida Asana provides the solitude of a jungle setting, yet is within a short bike ride or 20 minute walk to a quiet surf beach, and is designed specifically for small, personal yoga retreats. The grounds include a pool, plenty of hammocks in the shade, yoga shala, and an al fresca dining area where coffee, tea and purified water are available as well as amazing meals.
Transportation from and back to San Jose (SJO) airport is provided and makes getting to and from Vida Asana a stress-free breeze. Purchase a flight to get you into San Jose early afternoon on May 28th and we will all meet up and travel from there together. Mid-day return flights will allow us all to travel back to the airport together after one last amazing breakfast together on June 3rd.
Interested in flying with others? Once we have our flights booked we will share them with everyone that is signed up or asks for more info.
Ten all-level yoga classes will be taught by Jacqueline Allen-Magers in the jungle yoga shala. The practices will be designed to match the energy and time of day while giving you intensity options to match your energy.
Classes will include meditation and breath awareness as well as the physical asana practice. A playful session will also be offered one afternoon for anyone looking to explore arm balances in a fun & safe way, and how about an evening meditation on the beach?
Make the experience exactly what you want by choosing how you want to spend your time – hiking, surfing, paddleboarding, ziplining – or some more relaxed time spent walking the beach, biking, resting by the pool or getting a massage.
For less than $200 per day you get all of this:
- Amazing coffee and fresh fruit ready when you arise with the birds & howler monkeys
- Daily all-level yoga practices to the sounds of the jungle
- 3 healthy, fresh, filling and delicious, mostly organic, vegetarian/pescatarian meals per day
- Vida Asana is wonderful at adjusting for dietary needs and is fabulous at feeding hungry yogis!
- Transportation to/from San Jose Airport shuttle will leave the airport mid-afternoon on Monday and return late-morning on Sunday
- Welcome Refreshments & Orientation Upon Arrival
- Clean and Comfortable, Air Conditioned, Shared Accommodations (2-3 per room)
- A limited number of single rooms are available, book early to reserve
- Concierge Services throughout Your Visit – staff are amazing at scheduling and coordinating excursions!
- Bicycles for Exploring the Local Roads & for Visiting the Beach
- Sangria Night to Celebrate the Closing of Our Time Together
Vida Asana is a small eco-retreat center within two hours of the San Jose Airport. For more information about Vida Asana, check out the great reviews on Trip Advisor and check out their website www.vidaasana.com.
Everyone is free to make their own flight arrangements to and from San Jose Airport (SJO). However, if you would like to travel with a group, we will do our best to coordinate flights.
You choose either shared (2-3 per room) or single occupancy accommodations. Shared occupancy rooms have individual beds for each person. All rooms have a private bath, air conditioning and ceiling fans. The accommodations are simple, clean and comfortable.
The number of single occupancy spaces is limited, so register early if this is your preference. If there is someone you would like to room with let us know, or we will pair you up and you will have the opportunity to form new connections.
Yes, everyone is welcome, we only ask that all who attend have a respect for the practice of yoga.
You will be free to rest and relax as much as you wish or to explore the area or take part in group excursions. The beach and town of Playa Hermosa is a short bike ride or 20 minute walk allowing everyone the freedom to explore on their own, massages and spa services can be scheduled, a pool and hammocks are onsite, and group excursions will be offered.
Flight and transportation to San Jose Airport, Costs of Excursions (~$10-$80 each – optional), Costs of Spa Services (similar to US costs – optional), Any Additional Food/Drink and Souvenirs (similar to US costs), tipping staff, drivers and guides (note: bring lots of small bills – US $ are happily accepted)