Book Club Get Together
This get together is a social to enjoy each other and discuss the book club book. Whether you read it or not, join us to talk about mindfulness and well-being in the mind and body!
At Community Yoga, we strive to live up to our name! In our quest to build our “Community”, we’d love for your to join us for Community Book Club.
Please join us to discuss “The Untethered Soul”, written by Michael Singer. We will meet at the studio on February 2nd at 1pm .
Please join us and connect with like-minded people in a wonderful environment! We will provide some snacks and drinks but feel free to bring a favorite item to share. We look forward to seeing you!
- Free Workshop - Please Register Though -
Meditation and Breath Techniques for Managing Stress
Everyone experiences acute stress, which allows our physical body to protect itself from real life threats. Chronic or repetitive stress is linked to a variety of illnesses and diseases. Come learn breath and meditation techniques to alleviate stress and reduce tension in the tissues!
- $28, $20 Early Bird by 2/22 -
Exploring the Niyama
The sage Patanjali outlined an eight-limbed path of yoga, a step-by-step guide to cultivate a steady mind so that we may obtain a state of bliss. Most of us are familiar with asana (or physical postures), the third of the eight limbs. Using asana, mantras and meditation, this class will explore the second limb of yoga: the niyama, the moral code for how we care for ourselves.
- $28, $20 Early Bird by 3/1 -
Exploring the Yama
The sage Patanjali outlined an eight-limbed path of yoga, a step-by-step guide to cultivate a steady mind so that we may obtain a state of bliss. Most of us are familiar with asana (or physical postures), the third of the eight limbs. Using asana, mantras and meditation, this class will explore the first limb of yoga: the yama, the ethical guidelines for how we relate to people and society.
- $28, $20 Early Bird by 2/1 -
Balance Pose Workshop
A 2-hour workshop that will address standing balance poses as well as advanced standing poses. This workshop seeks to:
- Address the key elements of advanced standing and balance poses.
- Help you gain a deeper understanding of what muscles are at play in various poses.
- Provide step-by-step instructions for various standing and 1-legged balance poses.
- Provide ideas for home practice that will contribute to feeling more comfortable in advanced poses and balances!
- Provide ample time for questions, as well as a safe space for you to explore your practice.
- Allow for a sense of playful openness while practicing among other yogis in our “Community!”
- $28, $20 Early Bird by 2/15 -
Yoga Basics Workshop
This workshop is intended to take the intimidation out of trying something new. This course will give you plenty of space to ask questions and will help you build community with other new practitioners. In class we will introduce you to several of the classical yoga postures and give you a brief overview of the deeper dimensions of yoga. We will demonstrate each posture, teach you how to use props and help you find a variation that fits your body type and strength level. Beginners and anyone looking to get back to the basics is welcome.
- $28, $20 Early Bird by 3/28 -
Fundamentals of Yin and Restorative Yoga
Both yin and restorative yoga are quiet, meditative practices, but each has a different aim. In this interactive workshop, learn the basics of each style of practice and some of the key poses of each. 4 CEUs available.
- $100, $80 Early Bird by 4/12 -