Did you know that practicing yoga first thing in the morning results in a myriad of health benefits? Committing to practicing a few days a week is an incredible gateway to wellness.
1. Morning yoga activates various bodily systems including digestion and circulation, while balancing the nervous system.
2. Getting on the mat first thing contributes to mental clarity and focus throughout the day. Ever notice how that “brain fog”stays in the shadows when you engage in your practice early?
3. Getting moving in a yoga class works tension out of the muscles, releases tightness from the fascia, and lubricates the joints. This is particularly helpful to those who have a job that forces them to be sedentary throughout the day.
4. We always feel more relaxed once we have spent time on the mat. Beginning your morning with yoga contributes to sense of calm and equanimity that you can tap into throughout the business of your day.
5. As difficult as it is to get up early, this very practice can ensure better sleep later! Not only are you getting physical exercise from your asanas; getting up early helps balance your circadian rhythms and aligns you with timing of mother nature.
6. Allowing yourself the self care practice of early morning yoga frees you up for activities with family and friends in the evenings. You’ll notice a sense of relaxation in the evenings knowing that you have already engaged in a practice that is beneficial to body and mind.
7. Finally, as a gateway to wellness, early morning yoga practice may guide you to make positive nutritional, emotional, and social decisions throughout the day.
We may not be on the beach in the studio, in the dark, in the middle of winter, but we can awaken a sense of light and warmth for our whole day!
See you on the mat!